One kind of website won’t work for every client. You might want to start a blog, or maybe you’re ready to let the world know about your new business. That’s why we like to start with a little Q & A.
We’ll send you a short questionnaire to get a better idea about what you’re looking for in a website. Once we’ve read through your responses, we’ll set up a call to discuss specifics.
After the call, we’ll put together a proposal that includes a cost estimate. We can set up a second call, if needed, to refine the estimate and answer any questions. Once we’ve decided to work together, we ask for a deposit to get the project going.
No matter what type of website you are looking for, all of our website projects include the following:
- Installation of the latest version of WordPress, configured to employ basic security measures
- A responsive theme that works across devices (e.g., desktop, tablet, and phone), including minimal theme customization (i.e., background image and text color)
- A customized banner graphic that includes your logo and/or website name. We’ll also create a custom favicon (image that appears in browser tab).
- Adding your content and graphics to the site. If you don’t have content by the time we’ve finished our design work, we’ll walk you through the process of adding content yourself so you can do that when you’re ready.
- A simple contact form
- Anti-spam and basic SEO functionality
- Social media links
- Assistance with purchasing a domain name and setting up a web hosting account. We’ll also configure email for your website.
- A call before site goes live to give you a tour of your website and provide some basic training
- Documentation containing basic WordPress procedures
- 30 days of email support after the website goes live. (Additional support is available at an hourly rate.)
Bells and Whistles
Beyond the basics listed above, we also offer additional services including:
- Content and graphics creation. If you aren’t comfortable writing your own content for website pages or blog posts, we’d be happy to help. Or if you need help with graphics, we stock images and vector graphics that we can use on any website. If we don’t have the images you need, we can suggest websites with inexpensive graphics or images as well as sites where images may be used for free under the Creative Commons license.
- Logo design. While we are not a graphic designers, we have vector graphics that we can re-work for use in logos. If you’d prefer to work with a graphic designer, we can suggest options for getting your new logo designed at a reasonable cost.
- Galleries and slideshows are a great way to bring your website to life. From a slideshow on the home page to promote your products and services to a gallery page that shows off your best work, we can create the slide content and provide a variety of display options.
- E-commerce and membership pages. We can set up basic online stores and membership sites and walk you through the process of adding new products and processing membership requests.
- Social media and newsletters are an easy way to update your clients about products, services, new blog posts, etc. We can design graphics that tie together your website, social media pages, and newsletter.
Contact us here to begin the process of creating your new website!